1. Starting April 16th, Serve will no longer let you load account with Visa, MasterCard and Discover. Amex cards are OK for now, but most don’t earn points. Personally, I wouldn’t use Amex cards anyway, since it could make you a candidate for a financial review. Remember, Serve is owned by American Express. (h/t Doctorofcredit)
2. The first 3 weeks of Daily Getaways promotion are announced. The deal starts on March 23rd. You no longer get a discount when paying with Amex card. There will be plenty of coverage on all major blogs, but I will try to post reminders on few worthwhile deals. Spoiler alert: they are Alamo, IHG and Choice packages. (h/t Loyaltylobby)
3. You can now activate 5% bonus on Chase Freedom for second quarter of 2015 (restaurant purchases). Don’t forget to maximize your rewards while using Freedom in grocery stores through the end of March.
4. According to many reports, US Airways and AAdvantage programs will officially merge in April. Make sure to link your accounts to avoid potential issues.
Also, according to Viewfromthewing blog, the last day to sign up for US Airways Barclaycard will be April 14th.
5. The sign-up offer with a waived first-year annual fee on Chase British Airways Visa has been extended through June 30th. Originally, it was supposed to end on March 31st.
6. A possible working link (may be targeted) for 75K points offer on Amex Business Gold Rewards card. You have to spend $5,000 in 3 months, first annual fee is waived. Follow this thread on Flyertalk for any new developments.
7. Check Amex “Offers for you” in your profile. Some new offers include $5 off $25 purchase at Chevron, and $10 off $50 purchase at Lowe’s (some restrictions on gift cards).
If you liked my post, please, subscribe to receive free blog updates through email and recommend me to your family and friends. You can also follow me on Twitter, like me on Facebook and download my e-book If you found my content helpful, consider doing your Amazon shopping through my site