1)Quick advice for next week of Daily Getaways promotion. First, here are the deals:
All the offers are very YMMV. If you need to rent a car from Avis and can save money compared to the price you found on other sites, go for it! However, check restrictions first. Personally, I would pass on this deal because there are too many “ifs” about it. For instance, the coupon is not valid in certain locations and expires on May 31st 2017.
I have bought Marriott gift cards before because I had an upcoming non-award stay in a Marriott property. So, in my case, saving 20% was a no-brainer. If you are in a similar situation, consider buying a card or two. Note that very often you can get a discounted Marriott gift cards on Ebay or third-party reseller sites.
Circus Circus deal could be a winner under the right circumstances. I’ve heard the property is kind of dumpy, but still. For $150 you get:
- Three (3) consecutive night stay in a standard room in the West Tower at the Circus Circus Hotel Casino in Las Vegas (double occupancy).
- Breakfast buffet and dinner buffet for 2 people during stay.
- A $75 voucher for The Steak House restaurant inside Circus Circus.
- 1-day passes for two to the Adventuredome Theme Park.
- Offer is valid through December 30, 2016. Subject to availability.
As always, I recommend you subscribe to email alerts if you are interested in a specific deal.
2) The prophecy was fulfilled! New IHG PointBreaks list went live Monday as I predicted. Read my post on it here Nothing super exciting, but few of my readers were able to find gems that fit their specific needs. Can’t beat that. I suggest you book soon because you can always cancel if your plans change.
3) If you happen to have a no-fee Hilton Amex credit card and are thinking about applying for Surpass version, you may be able to get a 100K points bonus via upgrade and save a hard pull. Details on Dannythedealguru blog here
4) A good post on Doctorofcredit with info on how you can view your pre-approved card offers from various banks. Definitely doesn’t hurt to check before you apply for public version.
5) If you are interested in Alaska Air co-branded credit card, check out this post on Milevalue. This is a very competitive mileage program for those who need to fly to South America, and getting their credit card is fairly easy…for now.
6) Five tips for getting the cheapest price for a Disney cruise to Alaska on Savingforadream blog. Very cool, literally and figuratively.
If you found my content beneficial, look at my Support Me page for ways you can help keep the site running. Also, please, subscribe to receive free blog updates through email and recommend me to your family and friends. You can also follow me on Twitter, like me on Facebook and download my e-book