This is a news recap from last week. For faster updates, follow me on Twitter or check my feed on the right side of the blog.
1) United is offering a 25% off discount on economy awards to Europe. Before you get too excited, travel period is August 23-March 31st, and you have to book a roundtrip ticket. Could be a decent deal for a Spring Break vacation, especially for United hub-captive readers.
I would stick to Southern Europe and maybe France if you are looking for decent weather. Don’t go to Belarus in March, it’s nasty! Oh, you are saying you have no plans to visit Belarus even when the weather is good? I’m shocked and offended.
2) US Bank has launched a new credit card, called FlexPerks Gold American Express Doctor of Credit has a good overview on it, so I won’t bother with a breakdown. It does seem like a decent product, especially the sign-up bonus. That said, I would hold off applying and see if US Bank launches a promo on it around the time of the upcoming Olympic games.
3) New Costco Anywhere Visa card by Citi is available for new sign-ups. It pays me commission. There is no bonus, but rewards structure is somewhat compelling:
- Exclusively for Costco Members: Go Big with Cash Back Rewards
- 4% cash back on eligible gas for the first $7,000 per year and then 1% thereafter
- 3% cash back on restaurants and eligible travel purchases
- 2% cash back on all other purchases from Costco and Costco.com
- 1% cash back on all other purchases
You must have an active Costco membership in order to apply for this card. Worth it? It probably is if you are a Costco member or plan to become one anyway. This product is meant to compete with Sam’s Club MasterCard (see my analysis). The latter gives 5% cash back on gas, otherwise the structure is very similar to Costco Visa.
4) Through 06/25/16, get a $15 rebate with the purchase of $300 in Visa prepaid gift cards from Staples. Details here
If you’ve found this content beneficial, please look at Support the Site page for ways you can help keep the blog running. Also, subscribe to receive free updates through email and recommend me to your family and friends. You can follow me on Twitter, like me on Facebook and download my free e-book